Dr. Michael Pezim
Experienced Colorectal Surgeon in Vancouver
Dr. Michael Pezim is a Colorectal and General Surgeon specializing in disorders of the lower gastrointestinal tract. He has trained in some of the best institutions in the world and has a record of highly specialized knowledge and a very low complication rate. He has had over 350,000 patient interactions and performed thousands of operations including Colorectal Surgery, General Surgery and trauma surgery cases. He is certified as a surgeon in both Canada and the United States.
Dr. Pezim’s Career Highlights include training at:
- University of Toronto – MD
- University of British Columbia – General Surgery – FRCSC
- St. Mark’s Hospital in London, England – Colorectal Surgery Research Fellow
- The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN – Colorectal Surgery Fellowship
Dr. Pezim was the first certified American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery specialist in British Columbia. He remains a member in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. If you’re interested in being seen by Dr. Pezim and his amazing clinical staff, give us a call today at (604) 730-5810 to learn more about becoming a patient.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We see patients FAST! Usually within a week or two or even the same day if the problem is urgent. We have saved thousands of years of patient waiting!
- The Pezim Clinic is fully accredited as a Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facility by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Dr. Pezim is a specialist Colorectal (Mayo Clinic) and General Surgeon (UBC) and a Fellow of both the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and the American College of Surgeons.
- The team at the Pezim Clinic provides customized individual care and aims for extreme quality.
- We have world-class low complication rates.
- The Pezim Clinic is not associated with or funded by any equipment or drug manufacturer so we are free to use whatever device or medication best fits your problem.
- We maintain a wide variety of special pediatric equipment to minimize discomfort during examinations and treatment.