Dr. Michael Pezim
Experienced Colorectal Surgeon in Vancouver
Dr. Michael Pezim is a Colorectal and General Surgeon specializing in disorders of the lower gastrointestinal tract. He has trained in some of the best institutions in the world and has a record of highly specialized knowledge and a very low complication rate. He has had over 350,000 patient interactions and performed thousands of operations including Colorectal Surgery, General Surgery and trauma surgery cases.
Dr. Pezim’s Career Highlights include training at:
- University of Toronto – MD
- University of British Columbia – General Surgery – FRCSC
- St. Mark’s Hospital in London, England – Colorectal Surgery Research Fellow
- The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN – Two-year Colorectal Surgery Fellowship
Dr. Pezim was the first certified American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery specialist in British Columbia. He was the inaugural Head of the Colorectal Surgery Section of the Department of Surgery at the University of British Columbia. He remains a member in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. If you’re interested in being seen by Dr. Pezim and his amazing clinical staff, give us a call today at (604) 730-5810 or text 1-909-492-8430 to learn more about becoming a patient.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We see patients FAST! Usually within a week or two or even the same day if the problem is urgent. We have saved thousands of years of patient waiting!
- The Pezim Clinic is fully accredited as a Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facility by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Dr. Pezim is a specialist Colorectal (Mayo Clinic) and General Surgeon (UBC) and a Fellow of both the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and the American College of Surgeons.
- The team at the Pezim Clinic provides customized individual care and aims for extreme quality.
- We have world-class low complication rates.
- The Pezim Clinic is not associated with or funded by any equipment or drug manufacturer so we are free to use whatever device or medication best fits your problem.
- We maintain a wide variety of special pediatric equipment to minimize discomfort during examinations and treatment.